Follow this link to read more FFF's at Living to Tell a Story.
Bunco Night at church last Friday. We changed churches in the Spring and this was the first social event I went to at our new church, Trinity Episcopal Church. I had a blast! Over 50 Trinitarians played Bunco. With that many people it was a fast paced game. You were constantly on the move. I met many new people. I had so much fun. I was relaxed and totally at ease. Well worth the cost of admission, $20. And there were 4 tables full of food, coffee and lemonade.
Impromptu shopping trip. On Saturday we went shopping for much needed jeans and shirts for my husband. We then went to Ross Dress for Less and I found 2 pair of pants for work, and a new outfit for church. A pretty goldenrod pleated skirt with small navy leaves. I also found a dressy t-shirt to match and another dressy t-shirt to pair up with a couple of things in my closet. Best of all, everything was on sale!
Grateful for God's protection over our Preschool & Neighorhood. On Monday afternoon there was a police involved shooting across the street at the Pep Boy's Automotive Store. Four people shot including 2 officers. I was home when this all happened. At the Preschool they were kept safe due to the safety procedures in place, the church's security team and our security guard. Our children were completely safe and did not know anything was going on. Our hearts are heavy as the one officer, age 27 died later that day. Four and half years on the force, married only 6 months.
Two new children. We had twin boys start in our class last Thursday. I am grateful for our floaters who in our room this past Tuesday helping with them. On Thursday we had one floater helping and the boys did much better. I am also grateful for a Director who supports us, helps us mentors us and sends in additional help.
Medi-Cal approval for my Dad. This is a big relief for my brother, his caregiver and to all of us. If my Dad needs to go into a Nursing Home, he will have help with the cost. Grateful for the help my brother got from a company named Planning for Seniors and for these benefits. Very grateful for my brother who has been his caregiver for the past 7-8 years. Our Dad has Parkinson's and Congested Heart Failure. But the mere thought of the possibility of my Dad going into a Nursing Home is too much to bear.
4 comments:
Oh dear.....so many shootings across,our nation this week......God must weep mustn't He at all the evil permeating our society. If only people would turn their hearts towards Christ. Praising God with you that the daycare children were safe!!!
How fun to play Bunco with your church family. Does the money cover the cost of food, etc!
Have a happy weekend!!!
I'm so sorry about the shooting. That is becoming all too common these days. I am so glad the children and your facility were ok, but sorry for the people who were hurt and the family of the officer who died.
My son was just showing us something he got from Ross last week, making me think I need to visit that place some time.
Glad the Bunco night turned out so well, the new children are adjusting, and your dad got approved for Medi-Cal. We take care of my m-i-l in our home. She doesn't have any major health issues, but it's like her body is slowly not working bit by bit - walker, then wheelchair, now bedridden. She has in a nursing home, but it was not a good experience - she was down to 90 lbs. when we brought her home, thinking we were bringing her home to die. But she perked up with one-on-one care and has been here for 5 years now. On the other hand, my grandfather was in a nursing home and loved it - they're all so different.
Don't you just love when everything you need is on sale?! I have to confess I've never played Bunco.
So sorry to hear of the shooting and the young police officer. My heart is broken for his new wife. Praise God all the children were kept safe and amazing that they were protected from being aware of what was happening.
I'm so glad that your father will have that extra help for possible changes in care.
Hurray on scoring those clothes on sale!
I had read about the shootings, but I didn't realize how close your school is to that area. I'm glad the children remained unaware and were safe.
Post a Comment