Friday, September 14, 2018

~FFF's September 14~




Follow this link to read more FFF's at Living to Tell a Story.

1. At Preschool during free play on Thursday the children were playing with Bumble Bee Puppet. I was sitting on the floor with them. They asked if they could sing the Bumble Bee song. I said, yes! Expecting to start singing right there but instead they popped up and headed over to our ABC rug. (where we have our Circle Time) and sat down each one on a letter. I followed them over and we all sat and sung "I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee" song several times. They were so contented sitting there I taught them another finger play, "There was a turtle who lived in box." It was a heartwarming moment.

2. Also on Thursday we had our first fire drill and two new children in our class, twin boys. First time Preschool experience and English is their second language. They did fine during free play but the rest of the day was a blur. We survived. 

3. I am grateful for our Preschool Director. She is not only the director but also a ECE Professor at one of our local colleges. She is very knowledgeable and an expert in early childhood development. She makes sure we are supported, heard and valued. I am so grateful for this little Preschool. 

4. Last Saturday while husband disposed of branches from shrubs I had cut a while back I puttered around the living room. Cleaning table tops and changing out the decor. It is my way to decompress. 

5. Another favorite of the week, Truckee Sourdough Company bread with butter and Smuckers all natural strawberry jam. Comfort food. 

and one more I am grateful to look forward to Bunco Night at our church this evening. It is my first social event I am going to at our new church. 

LynetteJoy








5 comments:

Wendy said...

It's always great when you have lovely job satisfaction moments and working with children they're a given. (Although I'm sure they drive you nuts at times too lol)

Enjoy your night out and the rest of the weekend.

Faith said...

Oh we sang those finger play songs all summer long when we did our big unit with my special needs preK kiddoes. Love those old classics!!

How nice that you have a new church to attend with a social event!

Happy weekend.

Dianna said...

Lynette, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your first blessing and the children at preschool wanting to sing the Bumble Bee song and went over to where they normally do that. And that you were able to teach them another finger song. I think what warmed my heart so much was the fact that you saw it as a heartwarming moment.

Having a good Director is so important. Our daughter-in-law was a preschool teacher for several years and I know how important a good Director is when it comes to making sure that you are supported, heard and valued.

I understand about your way of decompressing. I love doing things like that, too.

Barbara H. said...

Your preschool sounds wonderful. I am glad you have such good support and leadership. I like that kind of puttering, too. I'm planning to change to fall decor next weekend. Hope the Bunco game went well! My mom used to go to those but I have not heard of any in our area.

Willow said...

I hope you had fun at bunco night!
Your preschool activities sound like great fun for the kids--and for you, too.

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...