Friday, August 26, 2011
.
1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute!
2."We've been waiting for you!" were the words my Dad said to me on Wednesday when I arrived at the hospital. He was up, unhooked and in a wh
eelchair. We sat out on the patio for 15 minutes enjoying the sun and had a two way conversation. He had a relaspe over the weekend and is being treated for pnuemonia.
3. An annoymous gift that come through my church to the with the expense of gas for trips to the hospital.
4. Tears. Tears are a blessing when they flow from sorrow or joy. Healing can begin when tears are allowed to flow.
5. The hours of 830am to 1130am when no one is around and I have yet to go to work (and I'm not going to the hospital). The solitude is wonderful, the quiet of the house is restful.
By Thursday my Dad was not doing well again. His breathing became labored. They had to decompress his colon which continues to twist, causing his stomach to swell that in turns causes labored breathing. I did not see him nor talk to him on Thursday, going today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
9 comments:
Praying for your father. I hope you find him better when you get there today…
sorry to hear that about your father. it looks like even with a trying week you have kept your eye and heart open to your blessings.
So hard to watch our folks suffer like your dad is. Glad you are finding comfort in your sorrow and joy in the midst. What a sweet gesture for someone to gift you with gas money. Glad you have some quiet in your day...
I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's sweet someone helped with gas money.
Lynette, you have been in my prayers this week (and your family too of course). So glad to see that you've had blessings mixed in with your anxieties.
My fave is still picturing your preschoolers singing grace before lunch. They are blessed to have you as a teacher. And it's obvious the reverse is true too.
Oh, Lynette, I do hope your dad is better. You're so right about tears, and how awesome that anonymous gift was!
You're in my prayers. Have a blessed week ahead.
Your little ones singing? So sweet! And it's a lovely thing to remember during all these difficult times with your dad--it's a hard thing to watch your father suffer, I know.
Thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.
I'm praying for you and your father right now. I'm glad you had a wonderful Wednesday, and hope that he is improving again. - Catherine
Post a Comment