Thursday, October 04, 2018

~Self-Care~

A feeling I have not felt for awhile is present within me. One of contentment and happy.  I'm not sure when I last felt this way.  I am savoring this moment. 

This week I have been working on afternoon routine at home and self-care goals.  I work part-time and am not as tired as I used to be when I get home.  My afternoon routine consists of lunch, coffee, a break. I do something mindless, watch T.V., play Candy Crush.  After my break I do some housework. Each day I clean-up or tidy a room in our house. Late afternoons I prep for dinner and take care of the dog. I also am trying to complete a task that I start. Fold and put away laundry. Eat and wash dishes etc.  I try to have dinner prepared by the time my husband gets home, I start about an hour before he is home. I also might prep for work or do some brainstorming for next months theme. Lesson plans are due around the middle of each month. My co-teacher and I get together monthly to plan. The other thing I do is prep for the next day. This is a self-care item as well. 

For self-care I am doing the following:

1.  Practice mindfulness. I do this while taking a shower. Feeling the water splash on me. Smelling and feeling the bar of soap on my skin. 

2. Contemplative prayer, mornings after I am dressed and afternoons after lunch or housework. 

3. Drink more water.

4. Listen to music every day.

5. Coloring. I printed out some lovely pictures to color.  It is so relaxing.

6. Scents. Lotions and/or oils on my skin.  Light a candle each afternoon or evening. 

7. Before bedtime, reading a few scriptures. I have been reading in Isaiah.

8. Time outside. To sit and observe God's book of nature.  

9. Walking several times a week. Really need to do it daily.  I usually do in the mornings but the time of mediation has been much appreciated. 

10. Make the house cozy. Late in the afternoon I pull the shades and turn on lights. 

Not every day is perfect but I am striving to be mindful of my day and self-care. 

LynetteJoy

No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...