Tuesday, September 11, 2018

~Ashes, Ashes~

When my son was in 8th grade, Language Arts, the class was asked to write an original poem or rewrite a poem after a class discussion on terrorism. This is what he wrote.  I have shared it before but wanted to share it again. 

Ashes, Ashes

Fire, ash, cries
For help, jumping
From high

It can’t be long,
It’s falling over

Fire, ash, cries
For help,
We must help

It has fallen
Hit the other
We must help

Sirens roar, rushing
To help

Fire, ash, cries
For help, but we can’t

It is over, it is
Done, they are gone

But in the ashes a phoenix will
Rise

No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...