Tuesday, June 14, 2016

~First Day Back At Work~

I was yawning by 10:30 a.m. but perked up after my lunch break on my first day back into the working world.  Floated today, giving breaks and preparing snacks.  Sadden to hear another teacher had resigned recently.  I really liked this gal. Met the two new substitutes.  So far three teachers have resigned, another one out on maternity leave and one more soon to go out on maternity leave. Not a full day today, had my Post Op appointment late in the afternoon....traffic was a bugger.  Dr. Herr was pleased with the outcome of the second surgery...he said, "did we do a second surgery?"  Once I realized he was joking ( he's pretty funny)....I said.."I going smack ya!"  Who knew you could joke around with your surgeon?  Being please with his work, he doubled high five me and moved on to the referral to oncology.  Anxious to get started I asked when can we start? Right now and he proceeded to scheduled my appointments.  What? You meant I don't have to wait for someone to call me.

I have two Oncologists at two different locations.  One is for medical therapy, as we suspected my hormone test came back positive. I consult with her on Thursday.  Monday I consult with my Radiation Oncologist.  Radiation may be longer than what I originally thought. I see Dr. Herr in 6 months.

It's all a bit overwhelming. I skipped Ukulele Group and came straight home. Lots to process and the realization how much is involved in the treatment of breast cancer.  I am blessed to have stage 1 and for it to be non-aggressive.  I don't let myself think to far into the future. Right now the next thing is Thursday appointment. People asked me lots of questions of which on many things I have no answer because I'm not at the next phase of my treatment.

It's a journey. I am not alone. God who is behind me and with me, also goes before me to prepare the path.  I cannot see the path before me. I cannot foresee any bumps in the road.  All I can do is to keep putting one foot in front of the other, keep stepping in faith. Keep welcoming Jesus in and reaching out to touch his cloak. Allowing Him to grab my hand and pull up and out of the murky sea when I began to sink. Not letting distractions take hold.  Keeping my eyes on God. It's a day by day practice. Learning, training and daily practice instead of constantly trying.

LynetteJoy 




No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...