Monday, June 13, 2016

~Last Day Off From Work~

Dealt with paperwork this after walking and planting annuals in my two wood boxes.  I don't like paperwork.  Planting flowers is more rewarding.  Backyard is dry and brown with patches of green scattered about.  The two wooden planters have stood empty for quite a few seasons.  Trixie is use to sleeping in them, I chased her out today.  The paperwork was tedious and time consuming a statement my mother-in-law used often for tasks that are just plain...well, tedious!  On the advice of my niece who knows quite a bit about Human Resources and disability, I applied for State Disability because in my many years of work I have paid into it.  My work paid me out of their Employer Self-Funded STD.  The application is online and after a series of text messages to niece I finished it.   The other paperwork is Medical Assistance through Kaiser.  Gather information and copying check stubs and W-2's.  I've only just got started on the latter. The State Disability Application is saved in a draft for husband to look over and double check information.   When the paperwork became tedious and in between texting niece I vacuumed, mopped, did the laundry and dump the trash.  


Today marks one month since my first surgery and my final day off from work.  Tomorrow I will re-enter the working world.  I admit I will miss being home and miss my home. Will miss having no schedule to follow but my own ( I did not have one).  To walk when I wanted to, take care of errands and chores when I wanted to.  Freedom and an unhurried simplistic days I have had.  But it's time to return to work and finish out the year ( Preschool year ends July 3).  For every ending there is a beginning.  

But alas, it's time to return to work and schedules and all that jazz.  

Time to move forward with Oncology. 

Time to take all that I've learned this last month and have put into practice while being home and apply it beyond the sanctuary of my home. 

Transitions can be difficult for me. I have prepared myself to make it easier.  My morning routines have changed, I walked within the first half of arising. I need to and want to keep this up.  I'll probably be tired the first week and too tired to walk in the evenings.  The morning walk is in lieu of coffee. Devotions and/or mediation need to continue in the morning. Once I've established my mornings on work days, I'll then established my evening routine.  All of these routines to establish a healthy  rhythm to my day I have been in discussion with God about. He is leading and walking with me. 

One thing I am very thankful for ( among many things) is I now have a car and I do not have to figure in my commute. Thank you Jesus.  This is a huge burden lifted and it shortens my day. 

It's been a roller coaster couple of months and it's been a sweet, happy month. 

LynetteJoy







No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...