Saturday, February 07, 2015

Lazy rainy Saturday afternoon.  I should clean the stove, bathrooms, put some clothes away, mop and run the vacuum.......I should, but haven't, probably won't.  Just being lazy watching the world go by, well not the world...just watching the weather, listening to music, doing nothing much of anything. It's nice.

Maybe later or tomorrow......I''ll clean up the house.

I did attend an Informational meeting and brunch this morning at church.  It was a meeting about the Daughters of the King. A national group of women who are devoted to prayer, service and evangelism.  Marantha is the name of our chapter.  There were ten in attendance. Coffee, juice, pastries and cheese souffle.  I signed up to go through a 3 month study and discernment process to determine if I feel called to do this.

Tomorrow...husband has his first Vestry meeting (aside from the one day planning retreat a few weeks back).  Vestry meets 2nd Sunday of each month at 1 P.M.  I like the fact they meet on Sunday's. Weeknights are difficult and had these meetings been on weeknights he may not have been able to serve.


Oh my...while writing I popped over to Facebook and click on my messages for some reason. It was not showing I had any but I had sent one to a friend awhile back and wonder if she had replied.  Well, I did a double take. There was a message and it was from my husband brother whom we lost touch with several years back. We actually have not seen him since the mid 1990's, lost touch, reconnected in 2005 and again lost touch a few years ago. Knew he was in Texas somewhere....funny thing the message was from December & I just got it now. Odd.

Lazy day ended with a John Wayne movie, The Quiet Man and a easy dinner, a boxed mix of Nacho Cheese casserole.  The Quiet Man is one of my favorite movies and I had wanted to watch because it has the song, Wild Colonial Boy in it. This is one of the songs I'm learning on the Ukulele.

LynetteJoy






No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...