Husband at a church Vestry meeting. Another rainy day, a good soaking rain. And I'm happily tucked into my house with a cup of coffee, laptop and music. Thinking on church, the sermon and scriptures. Pretty much the same every Sunday but always something I look forward to. This day of rest, writing, pondering.
Now I did get side tracked this morning....
Last night I shopped on Kohl's, found a fun shower curtain with two big outhouses on it and matching rings. But this morning the sale was over. Not one who will spend $52 on a shower curtain I emptied the cart. What I really needed was a new shower liner. Found it and a pretty Fleur de Lis shower curtain for $16. Colors of yellow, gray, white and black (according to picture online). Of course that meant I needed new shower hooks (I hope they match the curtain and the rod I already have). These hooks are circular and should not tangle on rod. That meant I needed towels (we kinda needed some more anyway). Bought two gray, two yellow and one gray/yellow/white striped hand towel. Later I will add more hand towels, wash clothes and other accessories (soap dish, cup, pictures and new towel hooks).
So guess what? This means I have to give the bathroom a good cleaning this week.
By the time I finished the order, I had to rush to get dressed for church. Being a rainy day I opted for pants and sweater. I loved walking into our little homey church with the rain coming down being greeted by Mr. and Mrs. S. Door open wide greeting all. The rain, flickering candles and stained glass windows all a welcomed sight. And as always, good music, sermon and meaningful communion. A new family visited today, a young couple with two young children. They joined us for coffee hour.
A blessed day. Some gratitude's:
-hard driving rain
-daffodils standing tall despite the rain
-church doors opened to welcome all in out of the rain
-Passing peace through handshakes and hugs
-hearing Deacon D. story
Peace be with you,
LynetteJoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment