Friday, January 16, 2015

This Post Never Really Does Go Anyway....

Thursday......
Oversleeping by even a half hour throws me off.  But yet here I sit with coffee in hand, black box in lap with one eye on the clock. Woke up to a cold house, furnace was turned off and hungry.  Trying to move my mind and body forward out of this recliner where I practically left you all last night......

I obviously have moved beyond the comfort of home, recliner, P.J.'s for I am at work, husband drove me into work. Fog lying low on the ground, barren trees silent and still outside of the computer lab window.  And with me for the morning my tall purple thermos of coffee.  Speaking of purple they as in the maintenance folks around here painted the women's bathroom and lounge (with the old funky if you sit on it leather couch you may never get out again) a horrible purple. Not even a purple, a color I never really cared for until I hit the age of 50...don't ask why.  It's a deep, deep pink, violet concoction. Good grief you need shades just to dash in, go potty and dash back out.  I'm telling you, it's worth the effort to hike down to the church foyer to use the luxurious bathroom with earth tone colors and a lovely sitting area.

Completely side tracked here....oh....it's camouflage day! Cold, damp, foggy camouflage  day. If you are wearing gray you will blend in well with the environment. This is funny. Last year, my first year here, I saw camouflage day on the calender and was puzzled. We're doing animals, not military. Duh!  Ok...go it. With the kids we teach about animals that hide in nature. But on camo day (we also have red day, pink day, blue day etc.) you all know what happens, the finger guns come out and the legos turn into games. We don't promote this and everyday are reminders not to play pretend guns. I swear it is in there genes just as it's in the girls genes to playhouse.

I have no camo, I went more of a safari look wearing my cougar print pants,a long denim vest with multiple pockets tied over a sweater. Love these pants for two reasons...they look good on me and two, the young gal who works the front desk in the office remarked one day she liked my pants. Woot...a hip 21 one year old complimented this 51 year old...made my day. Would have skipped, jumped, somersaulted  down the hall but these 51 year old hips would not have cooperated (nor any other body part) and a work comp. injury ( or otherwise) is not desired. Preschools have some of highest incidents for Work Comp. injuries.

(oh good grief...it's 8:02 A.M.)

It's now the lunch hour, children asleep or on their way to dreamland.   Nineteen kiddos today, very energetic 19 kiddos.What happen to the play house area I have no clue, every piece of dress up clothes pulled out and strewn across the floor along with animal puppets. I assume the girls could not find the right attire to wear. Either them or those sneaky little animal puppets were dressing for a shindig.

*****

Friday morning...

Thursday came, Thursday went.   I had this whole paragraph written about breaks and pink bathrooms. But it deserves a post all to itself.

Only overslept by 15 minutes and was doing fine until I went through several outfit changes. Completely discombobulated by the time I pulled it together. Husband helped me packed my lunch and we headed to light rail only he was going the wrong direction, mentioned this and he said, "I'll drive you to work."  Awww.....thanks.

Friday Evening....

Home, three day weekend stretches out before me.  Jump started the weekend with McDonalds and that naughty one serving brownie I've been having every night. Note to self....walk this weekend.

Night all...see you this weekend.

LynetteJoy







No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...