Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Random Post

I'm so hooked on these, every night I make one and according to my son, stink up the house.  There all gooey, chocolaty and a snap to make. One serving brownie is what I'm talking about. Although I double the recipe, one serving is too chintzy. Goes like this: 1 T (or 2 T if doubling) of cocoa powder, brown sugar, flour, water and oil. Mix in small mug or bowl, zap in microwave for 30 seconds. Now, the other night I use leftover hot coffee in place of water. Add ins optional. After the 30 second baking in microwave I tossed in some butterscotch chips. Sigh...happy girl.

**************

What is up with aching body parts this week? Stiff knees, achy legs, back and popping elbow.  By the time husband picks me up at our meeting spot,I dragged/limp myself into the car only to get home, unfold myself and slide out of the seat onto the garage floor.  Could be because I wore the wrong shoes, cute won out over all day comfort or because I tripped over child on bike or the daily up the overpass and down the overpass or I'm a wimp. Snap, crackle, pop.....

***************

Gratitude journal, easy to do between the hours of 5 P.M. and 5 A.M. The one at work, well I forget I have it. I forget to look for and breathe the gratitude. I unable to see, feel them in the midst of 19 children, spills, crying, boo's boo's, beds to make, tables to wipe ( and noses), lining up, roll call, and transitions. By end of day while supervising outdoor bathroom as one kiddo after another comes running up to the bathroom needing to use it, I breathe and I work to wrap my mind around the day and breathe thanks. I'm tired, mentally tired and all I can hope for, is to make a quick getaway as soon as the line ends at the bathroom. I do...the line ends, I lock the lower door and dash off to supervise playground, pushed sand cart to closet and deliver ice bag with boo boo bags. The day comes to a close and I make my daily trek over the freeway to catch the train and make my way home. Once home with laptop in my lap and feet up....I can look back and breath thanks.

-blazing orange sun rising, Cross in the foreground.
-Mrs. N husband going on a Starbuck run. My co-teacher treated me to a cup of joe (good thing, I was cranky all the way to my bones).
-one of my kids telling me I am awesome.
-boys making bird nests out of twigs and Kleenex's.
-comforting a child who was missing his daddy.
-two little girls dressed to the nines in floppy hats and dress up clothes. One with a Princess gown and one with a Zebra vest & fancy evening purse.  The pictures I took are beyond cute.

In the midst of it all with so many things to do, remember and expectations to meet I became overwhelmed. In between lesson plans, turning in books, snack pick up, wiping toilets, and next day art I am blinded.  When lunch time (mine) comes, I check out and play games on my Smartphone.
At days end with a 100 children, weariness setting in I became numb.  I cannot see. But I try and it takes time and practice.  And that is why I write, both here, my journal and gratitude book. To gain a better perspective. A way of praying...breathing, soul breathing. Breathing air, breathing God. In and out, in and out. Good, clean, pure air.

God.

Life giving.

Breaths.

Practice, keep practicing.

LynetteJoy


















No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...