Still feeling good, I did have some irritation in my esophagus this week. The doctor said that will take about a month to heal. Missed my appointment because j was sick. I am scheduled to go March 12. Hardest things to give up completely, coffee & sweets. I am missing lasagna & spaghetti. But in the long run it will be worth it, better health & have lost 11 pounds.
What do I eat in the course of a week? Vegetables, limited fruit, grains, limited meat (I eat a lot more beans) & eggs. Instead of milk, I use rice, almond or hazelnut milk. Pretty boring, eh! At staff meeting while the staff ate donuts I ate my black beans with brown rice & vegetables.
I am also reading The China Study a book given to me from a gentleman at church who suffered a stroke several years ago. He changed his diet after his stroke & reading this book.
Going on vacation & Women's Retreat will be interesting. I will have to bring some of my own food. I always do on vacations anyway, but going out to eat will be a learning curve. At retreat I am staying in a cabin because they have kitchenettes. I can put down a vegan diet & lactose intolerant. But unfortunately vegan diets include pasta with marinara sauce or stir fry. Stir fry is fine except I won't know the sauce or oil that is used. I can eat salad, but no dressing. I sound pretty picky, but after suffering some horrible acid reflux pain & now not having any pain I certainly don't want to risk it nor experience that pain again! I let it go way too long in the first place.
Another benefit, I bought a new pair of black corduroy pants & blouse today. And the best part whole outfit cost $21. Dress Barn has clothes that fit me & my build. I found several things I like & fit but did not want to get to carried away until I know I am done losing weight. Although I wish I had bought the $12 dressy capri or at least look to see if they had a smaller pair. I didn't buy them because they were a little big. In case you are wondering they are having a great sale, 60% off. I think I will be going back there to shop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment