The good news is the medication & change of diet has improved the acid reflux by about 98%. 98% because on Monday I had tacos at a friends house. It was either the spice in the chicken or the sour cream. Other than that I have'nt felt this good in a long time!
The good news is I have lost 9 pounds in four weeks. That in itself is a nice consolation prize. I even cheated & have had low acid, decaf coffee a couple times a week as oppose to twice a day. And I when I do drink it I only have 3-4ozs. A couple of times it didn't taste all the great. I also had one very small chocolate truffle. The good news there I stop at one. The truffles came with the roses from dh & j.
Goals next week:
1.Walk daily.
2.Add one more vegetable to my day.
When looking over the past 2 weeks I realize I have added a variety of good foods in my diet.
I have had legumes, white & brown rice, whole wheat, brocoli, white & green beans, spinach, potatoes, carrots & corn. Apples, pears & bananas are still the only fruit I am eating at this point.
Not bad for a gal who rarely ate fruit & vegetables.
Foods I want to try:
Beets, portabella mushrooms, fish (we have been eating catfish & really enjoy it) & whole grain pasta.
Things I want to experiment with:
Fresh herbs in dishes (fish, legumes, brown rice). Any ideas out there to liven up brown rice. I don't like the one I bought, but need to use it up.
Off to start dinner. The boys are having hotdogs, I am not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
2 comments:
Congratulations on the weight loss! I hope you are also feeling better too!
Maybe this sounds strange, but I like to put hot applesauce (and cinnamon) on my rice.
Congrats on the health steps you are taking and on the weight loss.
Wahoo!
Post a Comment