We sang Amazing Grace at our Mother's graveside 26 years ago. It seemed only fitting to sing it at the graveside of our Dad who would be buried with his wife, our Mother. We had picked out two songs to sing on this day. This one and How Great Thou Art. But the Pastor made the decision not to sing them, something about not having the music or some technical thing. I leaned over to my sister and said, "we can still sing Amazing Grace." So I interrupted the Pastor and said we still wanted to sing Amazing Grace. He said sure as long as I could lead off. Hahaha...not me, I do not carry a tune. And we did. My sister led us off and we all join in. I can still hear her and my BFF singing out. I sang and my voice broke.
A melody of tears, words and notes carried by the wind to Daddy, Mama and all the Saints of heaven.
I'm glad I spoke up.....I could have kept right on singing. Song after song just like we did when I was a little girl attending evening services at Community Assembly of God Church in Modesto.
I may not be able to carry a blasted note but I will keep singing and dancing.
LynetteJoy
Thursday, March 05, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment