Adventures in doing the ordinary everyday things.
Bank has different hours so I went to Grocery Outlet. Where I desperately tried not to cough, clear throat or wipe my nose on my sleeve or sniffle right near the lady wearing a face mask. I was unsuccessful, allergies have mind of their own. Had a nice short chitchat with the guy stocking the shelves. It's good to get out. TP on shelf but spendy....I bought wine instead.
Target was fun cuz they are remodeling the store. TP wiped out and dog food moved, so I told the guy standing there looking lost & maybe a little desperate ( in the TP aisle) that Grocery Outlet has TP, 24 rolls for $8.99 ( or was it 12 rolls, no matter the dude just needed some. Gave him directions, finished my shopping, paid for it and bagged my stuff. Oh and a family of four wearing mask and baby stroller covered in plastic was shopping.
Back to the bank I went where I waited in line outside to be let in and then to stand on the blue X made out of tape on the floor. The gentlemen in front of me kindly waved me to my blue X when I passed my blue X cuz it took me a minute to figure it out ( I have not been working for awhile, brain cells are hibernating). I stood on my blue X and moved to the next blue X when it was my turn to move to the next blue X....well, you get the picture.
Safeway....God Bless you....no carts outside cuz the nice employee stands inside and wipes the cart down for you. After wiping down my own carts and dripping hand sanitizer I was exhausted (and hungry) from this whole errand thing. They made announcements about meat on sale and no limits...I dazed it, remember I was cranky and hungry. Saw the same family of four who was shopping at Target at Safeway, not sure who was following who. Then there was this other dude was telling his girlfriend or wife what to buy, stuff that last not frozen stuff canned stuff. I think she was basically blowing him off. No TP and thought to myself, maybe stocking up on Refried beans right now is not a good idea. Got in line and the nice man let me go before him because I had less stuff and was "his Elder"...thanks dude. But because I was tired, hungry and cranky I grateful to this special treatment. How old do I look? Dang....
Driving home...corner of eye has a itch,.trying desperately not to itch my eye...touching myself face these day is my NUMBER ONE biggest challenge. Rounded the corner to my street and after desperately resisting I sat on my left hand and drove with my right hand.
I have a headache.
I need a drink....settling for coffee.
I need a drink....settling for coffee.
LynetteJoy
No comments:
Post a Comment