Taking advantage of some outdoor time. Rain is due tonight and expected to last all week. It's starting to cloud over now and the temperatures are cooler than an hour or so ago. The winds are kicking up as well.
A couple of post back I was in a January funk big time. I am not much of a Winter person, anymore, don't know if I have ever been one. With the time change I do like the longer daylight.
My Ukulele group went to an Assisted Care Facility last week. The folks loved the Irish music. Irish music is my favorite music to play. We have another gig this week and next week. Our party is on Friday. I'll do the party, not sure about the gig yet.
On Saturday we spent the day with my Dad and brother. Had lunch and help my Dad go through his mail. He does pretty good. Uses a walker, has to be careful and walk slowly. He gets dizzy. Has a great appetite. We had baked potatoes with toppings. It seems his organ playing days are over. The last few visits he has not played. It's difficult for him to remember. Parkinson's with dementia has got to be so frustrating. It is really unknown how much longer he can stay at home with my brother as his caregiver. I think he is in stage 5 of Parkinson's or close to it. Some things he can still do by himself and other tasks with help or guidance.
Sunday...church. My week to do the media, but Air Parrot stop working. This has been almost a weekly occurrence. The Vestry will decide this week what to do. Continue, discontinue or have it hardwired. I did let the Priest know that when they consider these things to also keep in mind there are now only two volunteers, me and someone else. My husband (not surprising to me) made the decision to stop attending church. Has nothing to do with the new and current Priest. But the end of 2016 and into last year was rough. He is not a churchy person. But it was fun while it lasted for us. Three years to be exact. So that is that.
I have my Oncology meet and greet this week. The hubs and I are both off for the day. My work was great, she said, "just take the day off." My old job would have never said that. Love the flexibility and consideration one has at my present job. Never feel guilty for taking care of medical appointments or other appointments.
In February I went back to counseling. My last job was so stressful and the final months were bad. This has had an effect on me. I thought I could get past it on my own. I could not. So I return to my previous counselor to help with the healing process. The tools she has given me is helping to replace negative thoughts. That, talk therapy and writing in my personal journals, all help me to process things.
Work is great. Love my job and where I work. Everyday is busy and productive. I work with a great team and we are unified. It's great!
Well, I guess that is it!
LynetteJoy
Monday, March 12, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment