1. Rain this week, lots of rain! Soul of the earth being rained upon, cleansing it. The enjoyment of the smells and sound of rain.
2. Return of my vacuum ( today) from the repair shop. Bought the vacuum this year and it is not the best. Next year I hope to buy a new one ( and not a bag less one). Great repair shop with equally excellent work and helpfulness. Yes I look forward to vacuuming again today even though it has only been a week, all kinds of things have dragged in from the outside.
3. Three visits from AT&T for continued problems, we think it has been repaired. Monday was husband birthday, we bought him a flat screen TV ( previous post has the full story), we are enjoying it now that we have HDTV.
4. My son took his sleeping bag outside during the afternoon rain on Thursday, burrowed down in it and enjoyed the outdoor and rain. I was in the back of the house and did not see it, that would have been fun to see.
5. Looking ahead to Saturday. Celebrating husband 60th birthday with a party. Family coming from both sides there will be 12 of us packed into our small home and it will be raining. We are making lasagne, baked Ziti & garlic bread. Niece is bringing a big salad, she does the best salads. Father-in-law doing the pies. My son is going to help me shop and clean today.
Have a blessed weekend. More FFF's here.
LynetteJoy
8 comments:
I love the sound of rain - especially if I don;t have to be out in it. Glad you got your vacuum back. I don't like the bagless ones, either. Happy birthday to your hubby! The party sounds like it will be great, and it's nice to divide up the different parts of preparation.
Hi Lynette!!!!!
I am happy to see you here today!
What a great idea for your son to lay outside in a sleeping bag to better experience the rain. If my porch didn't leak (and if I thought of it), I would do do the same.
Happy Birthday to Phil! Your party menu and guest list sound just right. The Italian foods will certainly make the house smell good.
I need a new vacuum, too. Let me know what you opt for. Maybe I will take advantage of your research and get the same kind.
Have a great week.
the sound of rain is so soothing!
Happy Birthday to your hubby!! The dinner sounds yummy.
Glad your vacuum is back and ready to be used. I recently bought a wonderfully light one for just the upstairs carpets. Is a Shark...so far so good but I much prefer my downstairs vacuum (A bissell) because it is a much nicer one and is made for bamboo or hardwood that can't be scratched. It's probably the best investment we've made in a long time and I never wanna take it for granted!
Enjoy your weekend of celebration
Hope the party is filled with laughter and fun. Happy birthday to your hubby. A good working vacuum is so helpful. So many out there aren't worth the plastic they are made with LOL. Glad you finally got yours back. Sleeping in the rain with a sleeping bag...now that's adventurous! Blessings...
I hope you have a great birthday celebration for your hubby and that the rain doesn't spoil it too much although you seem happy with the rain. I guess it must be needed.
Happy belated bday to your hubby. Lots of people seem to have rain on their list this week. We have had a wetter autumn than usual here in southern Alberta. Your son sounds quite adventurous sleeping in the rain.
Happy Birthday to your hubby! His party sounds like it was lots of fun.
Yes, wasn't the rain wonderful! We need it so much and appreciate every drop. We've had three days of showers here!
Hope you had a fabulous party! and a belated Happy Birthday wish to your hubby I'm turning 60 in March :)
We've had lots of rain as well. And we needed it because the summer was very dry.
I got a new vacuum this year too - I really appreciate one that works so well!
hope you're week is going well - and you've recovered nicely from your big party day! There always fun but a lot of work.
Post a Comment