There is grocery shopping, school shopping and then there is radiation shopping. Whoop! Gathering products I will need for the radiation and any possible side effects.
The list:
Unscented Aveeno soap, (the recommended is Dove Unscented but I could not find it) for skin care.
I'll be clean, all natural and unscented! For all you hypo-allergenic people, it's okay to be near, I will not make you sneeze or have an asthmatic attack. You are welcome.
Tom's of Maine Deodorant ( unscented of course). During radiation I cannot use deodorant.
Stand to my right people! Or upwind or pass a note to me.
Hydro Cortisone for itchiness.
No I am not doing the "twist", I have a itch!
Sunscreen ( and hat) too protect my fair delicate skin to the elements.
"Who is that remarkable woman with the floppy hat and dark glasses? A movie starlet? No, it's Mrs. Yoes...isn't she just radiating?
Aquaphor Heavy Moisturizer for dry, peeling skin ( ick).
My husband always said I was appealing.
Tylenol for pain and swelling.
Don't even come near my left side cuz I'll elbow you or kick you.
Electric Shaver. Using blades under an arm with missing lymph nodes is not a good thing. Two choices....go hairy or buy an electric shaver. But I don't think I can shave under my arm. There is a chance as a side effect the hair will stop growing under my left arm.
Finally a side effect I can rejoice in and accommodate.
Camisole brassiere,.No underwires bras or no bras and loose baggy shirts, little touching the skin as much as possible.
Embracing the going all natural, baggy look!
LynetteJoy

No comments:
Post a Comment