The day began with a good morning call to Daddy reminding him it was Sunday and I would seen him after church. I was going to church, he was having a feeding tube put in. I needed spiritual nourishment for strength, he needs physical nourishment for strength. After the procedure was done they had to restrain him, he kept pulling at the lines. Common for older people coming off of strong meds to resist and try to pull out the multiplied of lines invading his body.
How many times a day do we resist God, His will, even when it hurts?
How many times a day, week, month when we go through trials do we feel our "good life" has been invaded?
I know my answer.
After every visit I am emotional, I cry. By the time we are back in town I am beginning to emotionally separate myself. Not that I don't care, it's a coping mechanism. And life, strangely enough continues on. School shopping, work, dinner, laundry etc.
I called to say "good-night", he sound brighter, more like his old self for a brief moment. Even though he was unhappy with the nurse for restraining him again. He promised not to pull at his lines, said good-night and we parted by way of phone.
This morning I took time to sit outside with my Bible and feel the sun and the breath of the new day.
Lynette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
1 comment:
"This morning I took time to sit outside with my Bible and feel the sun and the breath of the new day. " Way to go, Lynette. Praying. Thank you for sharing your journey with this. :)
Post a Comment