(for J on the eve of starting 3rd grade)
It seems yesterday when I brought you home in my arms.
It seems like yesterday I carried you in my arms to daycare.
It seems like yesterday we walked side by side to Kindergarten class.
It seems like yesterday we waved good-bye at your 1st grade class.
It seems like yesterday I waved good-bye from the car as you ran to your 2nd grade class.
Tomorrow you start 3rd grade.
Tomorrow we will walk to class together.
Day after tomorrow you will turn & wave good-bye to me in the car.
Day after tomorrow I will smile & wave through my tears.
No longer my baby boy, always my baby boy!
Love, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
1 comment:
As I sit here barely able to see the monitor for the tears dripping on the cat in my lap I send you warm hugs of understanding.
My "baby girl" gets married in two months; kindergarten was 24 years ago; where has the time gone?
Hold tight as you "let him go" - God entrusted us with these precious gifts and you're doing a magnificent job with yours.
Love,
Post a Comment