It's been one of those days! Have you ever had a day or a week where you had several things going & nothing seems to come together. Well that's me today, many loose dangling ends on many different things. It has left me unsettled, out of sorts & tired. And to top it off there is no CHOCOLATE IN MY HOUSE! NONE! NADA! ZERO! So here I writing you all instead. If you can't have chocolate, blog a friend.
I said this to J on the way home from some unfinished business-hunting down Star Wars plates for his birthday party on Tuesday.
"I have so many loose ends out there I feel unsettled, I wonder what God wants me to learn from all these loose ends? Maybe he wants me to cut off some of those ends or let them go"?
We talked about some of the loose ends. Getting ready for J party next week & we don't know who his school teacher will be on Monday. We went last night to find out, but there was an error & I am waiting for the principal to call. I won't bore you with the other loose ends. I know J is sad because his weekend trip with dad was reduced drastically, instead of 2 nights in San Francisco, they will drive to S.F. on Saturday for the Giants game & come back home the some night.
In addition to my above comment to J I said, God will tie up these loose ends." I actually think I said that first, then the other part about cutting of some loose ends.
J's says right way, I know what you can cut off. Don't buy Star Wars plates we can buy black & white plates. I have some Star Wars stickers leftover from my sticker book I can use." Makes me want to find those plates now! He said it because I had explained the hour before that a birthday is about celebration the last year & looking forward to the year ahead, it's not about a theme. Okay, so I could have left off the last part. Oh well.
We did finish the conversation by thinking of all the things we had accomplished, a couple new outfits for school, Star Wars cake & underwear & the goodies bags.
To sum up God has all the loose ends in His care. But it's not about the loose ends. It's about losing one perspective & what is truly important. Cutting off the loose ends that aren't necessary and/or waiting patiently for the Lord to tie up the loose ends.
And you know what. He does! He will quietly tie them up or cut them off when you are not looking!
Now if anyone has any chocolate & are in my neighborhood feel free to stop by!
Thanks Blog Friends!
Edited to add: During one of our errands. I had to say to myself "grace, grace, grace" and keep my mouth shut!
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
2 comments:
Did you find something chocolate at church today? :o) I will be praying for your loose ends and this busy upcoming week!
yes I did and at Bel Air, but that was for my secret sister. I did go shopping last night, so I do have Pepperidge Farms Dark Chocolate cookies in the house. I meant to buy milk chocolate, but didn't, that means they are all for me!
Post a Comment