Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Some fun & different projects I am working on!

Here are some projects I am working on in addition to my regular stuff.

Project #1
Along with another Children's Ministry Team member I am writing a Jonah Curriculum for my teachers. It's called Wrong Way Jonah! We will be doing this series in Preschool & Kid's Church throughout May. This curriculum is for the Kid's Church program, although I will be passing supplemental ideas for the Sunday School Preschool teachers. I am having quite a bit of fun with this. It is a change a pace for me & allows me to jump start my creative energies. Here is a sneak peak at what's coming to Kid's Church.
Week 1 A Stinky Situation!
Week 2 A Stinky Attitude!
Week 3 Nineveh or Bust!
Week 4 That Stinking Worm! My co-writer thought of the first 3, I came up with the last one. What do you think?
We have a theme song & theme verse, plus a couple of extra Bible verses to learn & apply. I also hope to have Jonah himself be part of the lesson each week.

Project #2
Our church has been offered a Bible Sports Camp at a very low cost, free or $20 per child which would pay for T-Shirts for the kids. It will be June 25-29 from 9-12. All I have to do is obtain lots of volunteers, snacks for the kids & meals for the college athletes who are coming from Yakima, Wa. Kids can choose soccer, basketball or cheer leading for the girls. But girls can do soccer or basketball. This should be a excellent training for me in this area. This will be a very busy week & on Friday after the Sports Camp is over I get to go & crash at the Women's Retreat! Whoo Hoo!

Project #3
Spliting Kid's Church in June into 2 groups. This involves recruiting more teachers. Actually recruiting is a prayer request. Due to various reasons we are in need of 6-8 more teachers at both hours. Spliting Kid's Church will be a stretch for us, I except to pinch hit & assist teachers quite a bit this Summer. Kid's choir is also ending for the Summer, so we have a full hour to fill for Kid's Church. We will continue with music, but more of a Worship Theme, music & motion, prayer & offering.

Project #4
Sunday School Advancement. This involves parent notification (letter is already written) & organizing the event which is May 27. Then helping parents, kids & teachers through this transition.

Project #5
This one is easy & benefits me & my son. Park days this Summer. Meet up with other moms at a local park twice a month.

Better buy some good running shoes for my footsties wootsties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look on your blog!

My, you have a lot going on.

The Jonah curriculum sounds awesome AND a fun project to do. If you want a proofreader, count me in.

I am praying about teachers for Sunday school. You've been here before - remember what God do last time?

I really appreciate the work you put into CM. You are a treasure to me!

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...