Friday, April 13, 2007

A Funny Money Story

'myspace
While planning a trip to Hawaii in October I sent a e-mail to a travel agency for more information on package trips. I never heard from them until this past week. On Monday at 9am I get a phone call from letting me know we had qualified for a free trip to Las Vegas. Nothing is for free & I was heading out the door to take J to school so I told them I was not interested in Las Vegas (at least not now) & said good-bye.
Tuesday evening, phone rings, DH answers, hands me the phone. It was the travel agency again & now I qualified for a free trip to Baja, Mexico. At first I misunderstood & said I have already book my trip to Hawaii. The pleasant voice at the other end explained again that I qualified for a free trip & all she needed to do was ask some questions. I decided to listen a little more. It was one of those deals where you go down to a local office for something, I suppose to listen to some sales pitch. We continue with the questions.
Phone Voice-A man answered the phone, are you married?
Me-Yes
Phone Voice-Do you & your husband combined make more than $40,000 a year.
Me-no
Phone Voice-dead silence.
Phone Voice-you don't
Me-no, less.
Phone Voice-Stutter, stutter, well when we have a trip that you qualify for we will call you. Goodbye.
I relayed this story to DH. "Gee, I wonder how much that trip costs" he said. No, I said it was a free trip we qualified for. We both burst out laughing, J said "did we win", I said "no we don't make a enough money". J wrinkle up his face, slap his hand on his forehead & just shook his head looking very puzzled. I said to him.
"We didn't qualify to qualify for a free trip!"

2 comments:

Cathy said...

That very same thing has happened to us here in Aus cept' the catch with ours was we were too old.


Told we had won a trip and could they tell us what age group we came under - when we finally got to over 60 there was a pause and then a reply something like..............we'll get back to you soon.

lol Never heard from them since.

Take care

Cathy

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous! I guess to have lots of extra $$$ to get something for free, eh?!?

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...