Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Split Personality

This week I will be two people. Me & the church administrator(RM). While RM is off on vacation in a very sunny location, I will be working her desk at church. By day (9-4) I will be R, by night me. Of course, during the 9-4 shift I will have to revert at time to me, C.M. Director, then back to R. At night I may be me, mom, then change to C.M. Director, back to mom, then who knows who else my emerge. EEEK, I hope I don't discover any other hidden personalities lurking beneath the surface. Wonder if it is a full moon this week, this would not be good.

R left me her list of things to do, bulletin, call Zoom, attendance, call a bizzilion people.
My list call a bizzilion people, finalize all details for Sunday's Celebration. One year in the C.E. Wing. Go through materials & order, planning a Park Day with SG etc etc.

Hope I don't mix up the 2 lists. Like calling RM people to cut cake for Sunday & calling my people to participate in a church survey. Or calling Group Publishing to have the photo copier fixed & calling Zoom to order cereal, I mean materials.
How about, going to my office on Wednesday where I go every week & forgetting to go RM office & missing Staff prayer. I need staff prayer, can't mix those 2 ups.

Then there are the office machines, copier, folding machine, paper cutter. When do not have a good relationship. The copier overheats often while printing mass amounts of paper. The folding machine crinkles up paper. The paper cutter shreds if you put more than 3 pieces of paper in it. If you get the shredded, crinkle, poorly printed bulletin, DON'T SEE ME ON SUNDAY, because I will sweetly say. "R is out of state (smart lady)sitting on a beach, drinking something tasty with a umbrella in it. Her replacement is hiding under her own desk in her own office. So just sit with a friend and share a bulletin or read the news on Fruitful words blog. She puts all the important stuff on her blog!"

There you have it, if you come buy the office this week. Beware of the two personality personnel occuping the church office. Think I will buy some chocolate for myself tomorrow (Valentine Day).

Happy Valentine Day!
Love, ????, not sure who I am right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so confused I'm laughing myself silly. I pray you don't reread your own blog or you are sure to confuse something this week. It sounds like you actually have everything under control as I know you are a master of multi-tasking, as are all Mothers. I would encourage you to blame everything that goes awry on someone else (don't name names) and take credit for everything that goes well, as I am sure it all will. Actually you are going to have a lovely time and you will handle it all with your usual grace and wonderful sense of humor. Now let's all say a prayer for the copy machine.....

Theresa said...

I think you will do well and you will have all of us praying for you! :o)

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...