Saturday, February 03, 2007

February 20 Marks 1 Year


On February 20, 2006 Children's Ministries held Sunday School Classes for the first time in the new Christian Education (C.E.) Wing. After many years holding classes in old Mather Air force barracks, those old buildings come down in October 2005 to make way for the new C.E. Wing.

The 1st picture is A, Director of The Big Kids Club Childcare Center, which open June 2006 in this new wing. A is standing in the Nursery drinking a coke. The window she is in front of is the Mommy viewing window. Beyond it is the new hall that connects us to the existing building. The other picture is me I am in room 4, 2nd & 3rd grade classroom. The 2 openings behind me are a window & door to a very large hallway. I have not posted any of "1st Sunday in classes" pictures because I do not want to post pictures of kids without parents permission. I will take pictures for you & post these later. I will also try to posts about the adventures of the building project & classes held in temporary quarters (Nursery was in the Women's Lounge).

One last note. I am not a numbers person, keeping track of how many kids each week. That is on paper,I knew our classes were growing but did not really realize how much until I submitted the numbers to our Administrative Assistant for her CM&A report. At the end of December 2005 we had approx 30 children. At the end 2006 we had 60 children.

No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...