Sunday, May 24, 2020

~End of Sheltering-in-Place~

Ten weeks down and one more to go. Actually five more days, I return to work on Friday. Preschool opens up the following Monday. My husband is off for a few days, it will nice hanging out with him this last week. I am beginning to make the mental switch of returning to work and following the new health guidelines that are in place until June 30. Hopefully to ease up in July. We are running two classes with two teachers in each. I am floating, doing Early Birds, playground and part of lunch bunch. And whatever else needs to be done.
In the past few months I have done quite a few things. First few weeks was  fine, it has gotten harder. But things are opening up again. Slowly going back to normal. Here's all the things I have done. Not every day but throughout the past 10 weeks.

-Jigsaw puzzles. For weeks my dining table was jigsaw central. There is one there now but I got tired of looking at it, so I threw a tablecloth onto the table until I am ready to finish it.

-Finished a needlepoint I started two years ago. Started another needlepoint kit and have another one in basket. I am also work off and on on a embroidery project.

-tried making a no sew mask. When I dig it out of my basket it will go in the trash.

-During virtual Preschool I made a couple of collages. I used file folders, calendars, buttons, puzzle pieces, burlap ribbon and other find items. One is a garden scene and the other is a ocean scene.

-Did some coloring in my books

-Made cards. Again using find items around house. This started because I participated in a card exchange.

-Wrote in my journals and blog

-Listen to music videos on Facebook. Discovered a musician named Wayne Marshall who lives in Malta. Plays organ and piano. Every Sunday he does a FB live concert. His kids and wife also participate.

-I exercised fairly regularly in the beginning. Walking and stationary bike, some stretches. Not so much the past couple of weeks.

-Eating, snacking...lots of it. Somehow I lost a few pounds. Go figure.

-Shopping...groceries and otherwise. We bought a new toaster and microwave. I bought new PJ's, lingerie, slippers and craft things. Bliss Marketplace opened up, I was there last weekend.

-Went for a drive with my son out in the country. We also went to my husbands work one day to have lunch with him.

-Went to see my brother in Yuba City. Brought home some items of my Dad's. Found a home for my Dad's Hammond organ. Waiting to hear when it will be moved.

-Cleaned daily and kept up on laundry. I have it down to an art. Takes me no more than 45 minutes to wipe down, mop, vacuum etc.

-Bought books and did some reading ( a lot of online reading). Also have done word searches and Sudoku puzzles. Watched a ton of TV and played my games on my phone.

-Zoom...Boggle, staff meetings and a I joined in on a couple of circle times. One Bible study and a couple times I did a church worship thing called Fresh Encounter.

-Online church a few times. Church I had been attending and also the Washington National Cathedral

-Monterey Bay Aquarium meditations

-Cooked and baked. Not cooked.

-Yahtzee a couple of times with husband on patio.

-Had my mammogram....all clear. Four year cancer survivor!

-Planted flowers and cleaned up an area by patio.

-Started another blog, tab is up above.

-Got my haircut. We all do during the SIPing.

On the down size I have mucked my way through bouts of anxiety and depression. I am grieving the loss of my Dad (February).

I have a few wishes right now. Try making homemade bread again, make a wreath for my front door, go to a craft store and go into Starbucks. Oh and not to hear another announcement about Covid-19 in a store.


LynetteJoy


No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...