Ya all remember those Mervyn commercial with people standing outside the store peering through the window, "open, open, open?" Yeah, it's a good visual how many people are feeling these days. Personally just give me a timeline, a date something...the suspense is killing me.
I don't mind being home but this is not a normal..."yeah baby, I get to stay-cation at home." Because the big bad cootie, the one as kids were all afraid of on the playground, is lurking out there. The first few weeks was lovely, time off I needed until my first trip out. Taking care of business and going out is harrowing. Lines outside of stores and banks. Limited amount of people in stores. Arrows on floors which way to go, I went the wrong way at Walmart. Each store having their guidelines and more being added. Personal bag allowed, no personal bags allowed. Purses not allowed, purses allowed. Some businesses you drive up and call to let them know you are outside. I learning to call places and find out what the guidelines are before going.
I've had some real up and down days. The other day I watched a great video on Grief and Caring for our Emotions. There is lady on FB that is doing q-tips (quarantine tips) and invites a guest to join her depending on the subject. This one on Grief was great. A lot of it I recognize from my own counseling but it's good to hear it again but in a different way. It helped me to start getting out of my slump. I started making my own Self-Care wheel.
Today I went out and it felt normal. I brought my vacuum for a tune-up and went shopping. Bought new kitchen towels, undergarments and Pajamas. I took a chance on the undergarments because you cannot try on clothes or exchange items bought. But I threw caution to the wind and bought two new brassieres without trying them on. They fit fairly well. Going out and shopping for myself lifted my spirits.
In the afternoon I did two Zoom meetings with two of our Preschool classes. I was impressed by the teachers, actually I am impressed by all the teachers and how they have embraced Virtual Preschool. We said good-bye to these kids, they are off to Kindergarten in August. After Zooming I had my son do a slo-mo video of me throwing confetti up into the air. Another teaching team included me in their weekly mailing. I received on Thursday an envelope that said, "do not open until Friday." I waited patiently. Inside the envelope was a note and strips of paper for a confetti party. We were instructed to cut the paper into confetti and throw it in the air. So much fun and the video is really cute.
Great day in all.
LynetteJoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment