Thursday, January 29, 2015

Keep on Singing (and Happy Birthday)

Some friend I am, all day I kept reminding myself to wish you a Happy Birthday. Came home, ate dinner and fell asleep. So here it is the day after (still counts right?).....Happy, happy, happy birthday to my best friend. May you have many joys and blessing this year, next year and beyond. I blessed to call you not just my friend, but my best friend. I thank God for you, for the day your little feet touched this earth and the day we met when we were 4 years old (I'm not bringing it up if you don't, I think we can move beyond that...it's only been 40 something years).

For the days of Barbies, sleepovers and crawling under the pews at church. Phone calls, Church and running around and in and out of the church. I smile at the blessings of these memories and a thousand more.

 Blessed that our parents were such wonderful friends and all the silly jokes they played. And even more blessed by the legacy of love they have passed on and continue to do so. Every ounce of memories from the church, music, our folks, families and our friendships bring a richness and depth to the friendship we have.

Many memories are lost in the recess of my mind but what I remember (until we get together and somehow we manage to remember so many funny things) and know is our friendship is bound in love.

Many years went by and because of circumstances we did not see one another. But through the grace and goodness of God he brought us back together as if we had never been apart. The ties of friendship had never been broken. And although we may laugh, giggled and recall past days of being young our friendship continues to grow and grow.

So I hope this birthday (although a day late) brings your peace and contentment. I know it has been a tough, tough year.  But I also know of your deep faith and love for the Lord.  I know He sustains you and keeps you in his arms.

So......happy happy Birthday my dear friend.

Keep on singing. Keep on playing those pearly white keys.

LynetteJoy

No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...