I have Acid Reflux. There I said it! Another ailment to add to my growing list. About two weeks ago it began to affect my esophagus. I went back on meds & begin to make some drastic changes. Giving up sweets, chocolate, milk & coffee is drastic. I am grieving over the loss of food if that is possible. I started a food diary. Foods with a happy face are ok to eat. Foods with a unhappy face are out, at least for awhile. Some things I may be able to have on occasion, only time will tell. The coconut pie caused minor problems last night.
I also found a great site to track my foot intake. MyPyramid.Gov. I can't link to it, because if I do & the computer goes down which it has for the last week about 10 times a day, the I will be booted off my hubby. He is watching the super bowl & we have one wire that controls the T.V., computer & phone. MyPyramid allows you to input your daily food & anaylze them. You can also print off worksheet to use daily. I filled out the worksheet today & it helped to see that I have had enough grains, not enough fruits or vegs. I also have had about 1/2 of what I need for meat & milk. We had super bowls snacks so dinner for the boys will be sandwiches. For me, a apple, celery with p.b & almond milk. That should put me close to my daily requirements based on my age & height.
BTW based on my weight my BMI was one point over of where it should be (I am 5 feet tall & weigh just under 140). That put in in the obese catagory. Good grief, they need a new word for obese. I think for anyone that is a ugly word. The weight was off I am sure because I was wearing jeans & shoes when they weighed me. Next time I wear clothes that are not so bulky, a very thin dress or pants, the lightest shoes I can found, no jewerly, chop my hair off & leave off a few other essenstials. But seriously losing a few pounds will not hurt me at all.
In the last week the heartburn has been almost zero with meds & I can sleep with only 1 or 2 pillows at night. Woohoo! I don't know if I will ever go off meds.
I listed my foods today I can eat so far. They are:
Grains: Rice, low sugar cereals, bread, pasta no spaghetti sauce, pretzels, plain old granola bars, flour & corn tortillas.
Meats: catfish, tuna, peanut butter, low fat red meat & chicken, lowfat chicken luncheon meat.
Milks: Rice milk, Almond milk, Monterey Jack cheese, colby jack
Vegetables: peas, potatoes, celery, beans, corn
Fruit: apples, pears, bananas (lots of choices here)
Beverages: water, decaf tea
I also eat every 2-3 hours & nothing late at night.
These next weeks will be harder, because I am feeling better & that is when I will go back to my old ways. I have had a few sips of coffee twice this week, just so my hubby does not leave me!
And because I am feeling better, the fullness, pain & heartburn I normally feel is subsiding causing me to be more hungry. So I want to eat more in one sitting, but have to pace myself.
On to better eating habits!
2 comments:
Hello Lynette
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling the best - hope things change as you make changes to your diet.
Anyway thanks for the anme of the website - mypyramid.gov - I had a quick look so will have a longer look another day
Take care
Cathy
Obese? Good gravy! That's crazy! I'm glad you are getting some relief though and starting to get things figured out. I loved your testimony in church today! :o)
Post a Comment