Susan over at Fruitful Words is having a Thanks Fest. Each day she makes a list of things she is thankful for. Depending on the day in the month, dictates how many things she puts on her list. Today is the 21st of June, so course her list 21 items long. Sometimes it's random, today she is thanking God for her spouse.
A quote from Susan:
Although he is an ex-spouse (e-s), I do want to thank God for e-s’s strong points and admirable qualities. The Lord has given me many blessings through e-s
I admire Susan & the courage it must have took to write her list.
She invites us to be thankful today & everyday.
In honor of my mother who died 13 years I will list "22" about her. Twenty-two because she died on June 22, 1994. No order, just a list of memories.
1. She loved.
2. Played the violin in her early years & sung soprano many years in the church choir.
3. Married my dad on August 9, 1952.
4. Her hands sewed beautiful clothes on a Phaff sewing machine (I have the Phaff now).
5. Like my hands & arms they were full of age spots. I look at my hands today & am reminded of her last days when she could no longer speak but could communicate & hold my hands. This is a blessing, I can no longer hear her voice in my head, but I see her hands in my hands.
6. She cooked yummy meals. We always had a big Sunday dinner after church.
7. Raised us kids in church.
8. She was a praying women. I recall after church she would kneel in the pews & pray.I also remember when I was very young my dad reading the Bible after supper (supper, not dinner) & mama & daddy kneeling to pray.
9. Liked to played card games. Rook & Pitt.
10. Loved the ocean, Pacific Grove/Monterrey to be exact.
11. We spent many hours canning & talking.
12. Shopping together. I recall the last time we shopped together. Gottshchalk, April 1994.
13. Stubborn & persistent.
14. She loved Jesus.
15. Gave me an older sister & brother.
16. Good sense of humor.
17. Made the best boysenberry cobbler.
18. Active in church, choir, wedding showers, baby showers, Missions when I was young.
19. Like the theater.
20. Creative, made all kinds of floral crafts.
21. Was married for 40 years.
22. She was my Mama.
Mama, I love you, I miss you even after 13 years. I dreamed about you last night. Thank you. But I glad you are with the Lord & will never have to suffer from illness again. See you in heaven.
Happy 13th Birthday with Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
1 comment:
Lynette It sounds like you were lucky to have a Mum lke that.
Doesn't get any easier does it.
Cathy
Post a Comment