Saturday, May 12, 2007

Early Mother's Day Present




J gave me one of my Mother's Day gifts Friday evening. I know there are more because J along with his dad were behind closed doors a few weeks at the computer & they were not playing Zoo Tycoon. Then I was warned about 2 packages showing up this past week. Which they did, which I did not peak, rattle or shake. J confiscated one, the other I put in the den behind the file cabinet attempting not to look. The only reason I touched it because it was blocking my way into the front door. Okay, so it was of a medium size, but gee I wouldn't want any to steal it. But it was light & it did come from Amazon.com. That is all I know. I swear!

Friday I pick up J from school, his arms were full of books he had ordered & something top secret. I was told to go to the car, which I did. Meanwhile every other kid was walking around with a painted flower pot containing a flower. One kid flower look kinda dead. The car in front of me had a flower pot hanging out the window by the kid who was holding it. It doesn't take a brilliant person to figure out J was concealing his pot, flower pot that is. Plus I had seen the pots in the class & outside for the last couple of weeks. Plus Mrs. Lindholm was telling the kids to take their painted pots home on Friday, 2 days before Mother's Day.

Being the devoted Mom that I am, I was kinda concerned the thing might die by Sunday. So I did the unthinkable I hinted to J "do you have something that might need watering that you brought home today?". The kids not 3 anymore, he is 7 1/2 & caught on that I knew. The water works started, poor kid. He made me promise to act surprise on Sunday. Still not willing to let his plant die, I told DH. He was able to convince J to give it to me Friday. Good thing, it was in his room in shelf with no light & dry as a bone.

I was doing my best surprise act when J said "you know what it is". Darn kid, I couldn't even act my out of this one.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...