Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ocean Breezes, Sunny Days & Sandy Beaches

Back from Pacific Grove, Ca where the sand was warm under my toes, the sun shined all weekend long & the water was the bluest I had ever seen.

Monterey Peninsula is our favorite place to vacation. We stayed at Lovers Point Inn in Pacific Grove(PG)on Lovers Point right across the street from the ocean. We started the day at the beach & ended the day at the beach. J went with us, he is a beach fanatic. We stayed at Lovers Point because of the proximity to the beach, right across the street.

Sorry, no pictures. I forgot to buy a camera & my camera is not working right, I have the worse luck with cameras. So you will have to use your imagination.

Highlights of our mini vacation.
Enjoyed a supper picnic on Lovers Point on Sunday evening.

Spent lots of time at the beach.

Found two sea anemones in the tide pools. Monterey has a very rich Marine Life & is protected by the Marine Sanctuary.

Fed Butch & Buffy the elephants at Wild Things in Salinas. Did you know elephants have hair on their trunks?

Enjoyed Clam Chowder in sourdough bread bowls at The Old Fisherman Wharf.

Walked through the Monarch Sanctuary. I have been going to Monterey for 37 years & have never been there. Most of the monarchs have migrated, but sill saw quite a few.

On Sunday morning at 8am when I am normally at church I was on the beach with J. soaking up the sunshine.

Took a walk on Saturday morning (and prayed)by myself on the point.

Walk with J Sunday morning on Lovers Point. J announced he is going to live in Santa Cruz so he can take his kids there. He decided on Santa Cruz because of 1. The Boardwalk & 2. houses in Pacific Grove are over $6,000,000, the kid can read now. Mom & Dad however will be living in PG.

Buried J in the sand.

Played in the sand. According to J, the animal expert, sand is really fish poop. I will look this up & get back to you on this one.

Taught J how to spelled Mississippi backward.

Woke up to the sound of the ocean & seagulls every morning. A prelude to our big Hawaii vacation in October.

Overall a very lovely weekend.

Disclaimer: I have figured out the link thing, hope it works.











No comments:

~Stop the World, I want Off~

My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...