A few updates about Children's Ministry at CNC.
Preschool Coordinator
With the growth of the Children's Ministry (CM)I had been praying about someone leading the Preschool Ministry. Through God's leading, we now have someone to lead this vital & growing Ministry. This will free me up to focus in on other growing ministries, Sunday School & Kid's Church. We met last night & there was a unity to the team. Teachers were motivated & encouraged by being together as a group. In addition we now have a team of 3 teachers for each Sunday. At least 2 of these teams are getting together during the week to plan their weekly lesson.
Edited to add. So there is no confusion. As CM Director I oversee Nursery through 5th grade. Having a Preschool Coord. will give this ministry a special touch & some much needed attention. I will see be very present & part of it.
We evaluated or rather I let the teachers evaluate the ministry. Here is what come out of it.
1. A new 2nd hour curriculum. Actively being researched as I typed (not by me).
2. Teaching Bible Verses
3. Take home papers or crafts with the monthly Bible Verse on it & the lesson.
4. Music & teaching Scripture through music.
5. Music printed out for the teachers. Many don't know alot of Bible songs.
6. Workshops on discipline, music training & lesson planning.
7. Bulletin boards in room. Which is done thanks to Don, he hung 2 in the room & 1 outside for a parent information board.
8. Knowing where supplemental teaching materials are at or how to obtain them.
9. Ex cerise for the kids. Many have been there for over an hour & need to get the wiggles out.
10. Plenty of activities & choices for the kids (other than just toys to play with).
11. Another table, cubbies & toy storage.
All in all it was a great meeting. It was great because I came totally unprepared which is very unusual for me.
And in other news...
Kid's Choir is learning how to read music in addition to singing & learning choir manners. They will be performing on Palm Sunday.
Kid's Art Class continues on Thursday Evenings. This session has 3 more weeks to go. An Art show will be held at the end of it. All masterpieces will be unveiled at that time.
Interested in a Art Class yourself, let me know. Kathleen wants to do an adult class.
Family Fun Events in the works by the CM Team for the Summer. Park days, game night, movie night, any other ideas out there.
Easter Egg Hunt Sunday April 8. Mrs Cottontail is dusting off her bunny tail in preparation. Egg donations will be needed (plastic eggs with candy, sticker or small toy in it).
and if that is not enough...
Women's Ministry has some upcoming events. They are such an encouragement to the CM Department. They help keep us going & jump start our engines to be effective in our ministry areas.
Mug & Muffin-March 17
Facing Your Giants Bible Study Wednesday mornings at the church.
Mommies with Babies meet monthly.
Retreat June 29-July 1. Get your reservation in now. I am going how about you? It is being held in Lake Tahoe.
See anyone on the Women's team to found about the above events or call the church office. 635-5992
For the men & we do have men who teach in CM.
There is a Wednesday Night Bible Study
Men's Game night once a month.
Saturday Morning Prayer (with donuts) Group.
Call the church office for more info. 635-5992.
And much, much more going on. Go to www.cnchurch.org to see the church calender & get more information on all our ministries. There is so many great things happening!
This is my way of encouraging my teachers & families to get connected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~Stop the World, I want Off~
My personal feeling at this point the pandemic is the crisis is over or close to it. At least where I live. Time to get back to normal, not ...
-
1. This was the first week of Preschool. On the first day we have a Meet and Greet, the children come for an hour with their parents. I...
-
. 1.My little Preschool Class breaks out into song at snacktime. It's so cute! 2."We've been waiting ...
-
1. Every morning we have a flyover. No, not airplanes, a flock of Candadian Geese. I look forward to them every morning. And we I drive...
No comments:
Post a Comment